Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mission Complete

When I walked out of my LSAT, I wasted no time in getting to my car, putting the top down, and tearing off of the Milsapps campus. I turned my CD back on--Mercedes was right in the middle of righteously belting out "Hate on Me" and I slid my shades on, reluctant to question the karma that the musical gods were apparently sending my way. ("Edge of Glory" came on right after. Like I said: karma.)

I'm not going to get into a deeply emotional analysis of how I think that I did; I've already beaten that to death with my mother, Faison, and Leigh. I'll find out soon enough, anyway. I can't really talk about the content--I'm pretty sure that the LSAC would blacklist me from all law schools if I even hinted at the order of the sections--but I will say that I felt that parts of it were extraordinarily easy compared to last time. Reading comp was a b.r.e.e.z.e. By the second passage, I almost started hysterically laughing and brushing my shoulders off. There was one question in a Logical Reasoning section that filled up an entire column and I was just like, "lolno, c u l8er mah friend" and circled it to come back to later. Of course, there is always that one question or that one game that messed with your head, but once the proctor says, "Put your pencils down," it's over and it's no use thinking about it anymore. Unless you're that awkward dude I sat in front of that DIDN'T put his pencil down, prompting the proctor to get sassy: "SIR. put your pencil DOWN." (I snickered. He's lucky that he didn't get a violation notice.)

I'm sitting on Faison's couch now; I got home from the test and threw my bags into the car and went off to Oxford. We watched Hot Fuzz last night and pumped ourselves full of tumeric, fenugreek, rice, and chicken. In other words: we experience nirvana. If you've never seen Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, you're missing out. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are a tried and true comedic duo, never disappointing. The whole movie is a parody of action films; apparently Pegg and Frost watched over 130 action films for reference. Pegg's character is a cop at the London Met that gets forcibly transferred to the country because he's making the rest of the Met force "look bad," as his arrest record is 200% higher than any other cop. Martin Freeman, Bill Nighy, Timothy Dalton, and other British staples make appearances.

I visited with the Browers this morning, too. Peter is getting way too big for me to handle and it's hard to believe that he was crawling when I first started with them, and now he's speaking three languages (Russian, English, and a bit of Spanish) and running around and sleeping in a big boy bed. Dr. Brower/Chip and I had a conversation about personal statements for law schools, and he gave me some great insight. While it seems as though the overarching advice for writing good personal statements is to write a good personal statement, he elucidated what it is exactly that makes a good personal statement. Since I'm not expecting a phenomenal LSAT score, I know that it's going to count a lot.

I'm rambling now.

I miss my dog. (duh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment